It's amazing how fast time is flying by! Fifteen days in Rome seem like a lot but I'm sure time will fly by just as fast and we wont be quite ready to come back home. After viewing Rome- 10 Things You Need to Know, I really want to visite the seen presented after the seven ancient hills. My favorite place in El Paso is scenic drive...
I love the view! I hope I can also visite Gianicolo in the evening as the sun is setting. I hope I take the right shoes for all the walking we'll be doing.
Ana, you are showing your age and definitely your good sense in worrying about the right shoes. Too often students are more concerned about looks rather than use when it comes to shoes. Good walking shoes are a must. One blister or bunion can ruin everything. I wear the kind of sandles you can find in outdoor stores because they are cool, have good traction and reasonable ankle support because they do not slip on uncertain terrain. Good insoles also take stress off my back and legs. At the end of the day that often makes the difference between being able to sleep and being in pain and wide awake. For me footwear is equipment not fashion.
ReplyDeleteI have been thinking about footwear too! I admit that I am trying to find shoes that are practical and still look good. Best of both worlds if it is possible! But practicality is more important, since the last thing I want is to be so uncomfortable that I can't enjoy seeing everything Rome has to offer!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteFew tourists seek out Rome's Janiculum Hill. It has no night life or great monuments. Now it is something of a lovers' lane where young people are all over the benches and all over one another. Children squeal delightfully from the nearby carousel, and there is a real sense of Roman life. But the Janiculum should be the first destination of every visitor to Rome. It offers a view of Rome that introduces the newcomer to the spirit of Rome and vividly captures the history of life in Rome. To one standing at the foot of the great statue of Garibaldi, the liberator of modern Italy, the red rooftops of central Rome stand out in the evening sun. They come to life as in a virtual map, a living diagram of Rome.
ReplyDeleteThis is what a Blog/Journal entry should look like.
I completely agree on wanting to see Janiculum at sunset. If no one else wants to make that trip with you, I do! Seems like a great vantage for photos and an amazing view. The hills seem very interesting to me too, although for a bit of a different reason ... in the part of Texas where I live it is completely flat. Flat is boring. I love hills! lol
ReplyDelete