Our trip is ride around the corner!
What will your days be like on our meeting days?
As you found out yesterday, I'm a 3rd grade teacher so I'll be rushing to our meeting as soon as my little ones go home. I'm not out until 3:45 but I've been really good this year so permission to leave early was granted. My official last day of work is June 2nd but I have my days saved up and will say bye to my kids on May 25th. I'm sure I'll be pulling my hairs out all May but I'm sure it will all pay off once we arrive at Rome!
You are right, we don't know each other well enough yet. I am eager to get to know all of the class better and glad to know a little more about you, Ana.
ReplyDeleteI know we are all supposed to respond to this post and probably share a bit more about ourselves but are we supposed to post here in comments or on our own blog? Hmm. I guess I will post a reintroduction on mine.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI like your picture, Ana the teacher packing for her Italian adventure. Do your third graders understand what you will be doing after you leave class on May 25? I would imagine that Italy is almost a complete unknown to them? I would be interested in how you explain it to them.
ReplyDeleteI haven't thought about what my days will be like when we meet while still in El Paso. It will probably be something like a regular class day. After coffee in the morning, the first thing I do is turn on the computer and get caught up with students and administrative work at UTEP. It all comes to me electronically. When I get all of that handled, when I can handle it, I look to the day's lessons and making sure I am prepared for class. The teacher's problem on the first day of class will be how to get the class to think about Roman history mainly the difference between the Roman Republic and the Roman Empire.
My students know that I'll be going to Rome but it hasn't been a conversation in the class yet. I plan on checking out our library books, literature really helped them undertand what they can't visualize yet. The last week of school is usually very crazy but fun. Maybe I'll look into leaving some third grade Rome lessons for my students to enjoy. This is all still a maybe, my focus has been the famous standardized testing since this is the first year they have to take it.
ReplyDeletelets reply in our own blog instead to make our post our own... as they say, a picture is worth a million words!
ReplyDelete