Monday, May 7, 2012
What firsts will this trip mean for you?"
Well...
It will be my first time in a place where I'll have much much difficulties communicating what food I want to eat at a restaurant. I'll either have to stick to Jaime or Dr. Webber the first couple of days until I get the hang of it.
It will also be my first time in such a beautiful place filled with so much history. I can't wait to experience it.
I sent our an email to a co-worker telling her I'd be taking a class in Rome and she thought I had made a typo and ment to say Home... She seemed even more excited than me when I said it was no typo what so ever!
I can't wait to send her pictures from out there!
O yes, and it will be my first time drinking a glass of wine with every meal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well, I am not so sure that I will be any more reliable for Italian translation ... I guess we will see!
ReplyDeleteOne of my co-workers reacted in almost the same way. She went home and told her family all about it because she was so excited.
I am curious about the wine thing too. I know that I like white wine and Prosecco but haven't really had any red wines that I like. I have heard so many people talk about how good the wine is there, though, that I am more than willing to try them to see if I find something I do like. I read that it is actually cheaper to drink wine with your meal than to order a soda there.
As for food, I read a really interesting post about food in Rome that describes what kinds of foods are popular, the names of foods and what is in them. I will post more on it on my blog ... might help a little. Food is definitely one of the things I am looking forward to about the trip.