So this weekend I decided to catch up with my Rome to do list. My loving family is really close to each other, not a good thing at this time for me. My sister and her 2 and 4 year olds visit every weekend and my brother and his 3 year old are our neighbors. It's party at grandmas from sun up to sun down. As soon as I taught my mom how to answer my calls on face time I had to run out of there to work on my grades. Once that was out of the way I went to the airport to exchange dollars for euros. I'm glad I didn't wait until the 28th, something went wrong and I was there waiting for the issue to be resolved for more than 30 min.
After that I stopped by best buy. I'm now set for picture taking, blogging through my Ipad, and face timing with family back home. I thought I was asking for too much when I asked if there was anything I could use to transfer my camera pics into the Ipad...its called an Ipad camera connection kit
My next stop was at Radio Shack where I purchased the adapter. I went shopping around to see how much it would cost to unblock my phone in order to use it out there as Jamie suggested... I'm still thinking about that.
I was completely exhausted once I got home. Sunday I had to run out of my house once again to work on my paper and pamphlet. I now know why the Swiss guard the Vatican! :)
These past days its been nothing but packing, submitting paper work, meeting with parents, and passing out awards to my students. I read them Last day blues by Julie Danneberg and all I've been getting from them are good bye huggs every day as they walk out to the bus and lovely notes left on my desk. It's very hard not to get attached to little people, their ideas, laughs, sad moments, and growth. We googled Rome and the places I'll be visiting in to give them an idea of where I'll be. I plan on sending them post cards as soon as I arrive to Rome.
Only a few people knew I'd be leaving early. As they see me running around like crazy and I explain why, they keep telling me to bring back plenty of pictures and to have fun.
Since the moment I received the email about this cours, I've been living an unexplainable adventure. I haven't had a chance to sit down and let everything sink in. This probably wont happen until I'm actually on the plain. One think I can't wait for is to be able to see my God daughter to be before the trip. She should be here any day know.
Ana, I know just how you feel. I feel like every spare moment of the day I am preparing for the trip in one way or another. I wish I had more time to do everything and at the same time I am so eager for the time to fly so we can leave already!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this and you both are right, from the moment we found out about this course we have been preparing for it in one way or another. I especially agree with Ana when you mention how you are so busy the time for this amazing experience to sink in hasn't been able to get to us. It's crazy! I plan on sending postcards as well but I have no idea where to get stamps or how many to use.
ReplyDeleteI agree, this last week has been crazy trying to accomplish everything, and still having to come to work! I almost forgot to reprint 40 copies of our brochure before we leave and take my paper! Either way I'm so excited!
ReplyDelete